6 "Data" Principles for All Businesses
1/30/2019 12:51:17 PM
- While it may be seam easy to inventory your physical assets, realize that data is also an asset that has significant value to your business. Treat it as such and manage data accordingly.
- Data must be accessible to the needed consumers. This includes day-to-day operations associates as well as the management team.
- Data must also be swiftly locatable and provide quick responses to questions asked by the users.
- Data must be standardized consistently throughout your company to provide a consistent set of answers to your users. A data dictionary should be readily available.
- While data must be readily available for the needed consumers, it must also be protected from unauthorized use. Remember from Principle 1 that data is an asset and must be protected appropriately.
- Data has to be governed, by a circular process. A strategy should be defined which provide the discipline needed for managing such a valuable company asset.
Please let us know if this resonates with you and you would be interested in a partnership to help define your Data Strategy. We would be glad to assist.